Have you ever wonder how will a cruise vacation be like during Covid19 period? I’m happy to check out World Dream from Dream Cruise Line recently!
Ever since the world is hit by the pandemic virus, everything has changed. We are unable to eat, socialize or travel as freely as we used to be. This really taught us to be thankful for things happening in life, be it a minute joy or impactful happiness. When we have a gratitude heart, things will get positive and be in control much better – in my opinion! 😆
Awarded as The Best Cruise Line for Entertainment by Travel Weekly Asia Reader’s Choice Awards 2019, my dreams for wanderlust come to life onboard, Catch exclusively created complements for the luxurious vacation on the high seas, I felt recharged after this!
I also find that a seacation like this is a lot more rewarding than the staycation I had on land because of the world of attractions and activities awaited!
Whoa at the brilliant dining, exceptional service, & enthralling entertainment – everything is truly amazing for everyone including the kids! This seacation is extra memorable for me because it is my first to stay in their Palace Suite! I really love the spacious comfort, and inspirational experiences I had in here!
Since I have many enquiries on this cruise trip, I decided to blog on this! I hope the information written here will be interesting and also useful for your future cruise trip(s). Let’s go through it now!
BEFORE YOU CRUISE
3) Tested negative with no fever or respiratory symptom? You are ready to board, yet! Again there will be different boarding time for all the guests as this can control the crowd more efficiently and avoid gathering of people at certain areas. Rest assured you will have ample of time to board the cruise as it will only departs Singapore to the out-sea at 21:00 hours.
For The Palace Suite’s guests, there will be a VIP lounge where we can have refreshments and relaxation for checking-in after clearing the ART.
The staffs will register & prepare the MICE Pod and key card for us at this point, a difference from other guests who will be standing in queue for this.
The MICE Pod is an important device used for Safe Management Measures adherence, as well as contact tracing purpose so we must carry it all the time when we are onboard. With all these necessities gotten, time to proceed to the immigration and board the cruise officially!
The Palace Suite guests can check-in as early as 1:30pm to board the cruise sooner. Early check-in is an awesome option because it gives you access to the cruise facilities without squeezing with others, and also getting your complimentary concierge service from the butler at the soonest. Your butler will welcome you at your room’s deck lobby and can be contacted via his / her room number thereafter.
ON THE CRUISE
There are 4 room types (Interior, Oceanview, Balcony & Suite) available on World Dream. I have gotten myself a suite room (namely known as the Palace Suite) and felt like a queen throughout the journey! Its “all-inclusive, all suite” luxury concept onboard with entitlements that we can enjoy are pretty superb. Check out the list below!
- Priority check-in and embarkation
- Access to the VIP lounge at the terminal
- Complimentary Standard Wi-Fi throughout the cruise
- Privileged service, including priority access to all specialty restaurants, spa facilities and shows.
- Premium beverage privilege for all bars, lounges, and restaurants.
- Immersive enrichment programs
- A round-the-clock butler concierge service that caters to whatever we need – from serving afternoon tea or dinner in the suite, garment pressing or spa reservations.
- We can also enjoy exclusive facilities (such as private pool deck, private gymnasium, and spa) and bespoke activities.
- Dine in the exclusive Palace Restaurant and indulge in selected complimentary delicacies such as herbal soups, abalone, bird’s nest dishes and premium chinese tea.
- Explore everything on offer throughout the ship including set meal entitlements at up to 7 speciality dining restaurants together with the inclusive premium beverage package.
- The suite is equipped with fine Italian linens from Frette, coffee machine, complimentary mini bar assortments and premium bath amenities from Etro.
- The palace suite (37 sq.m) is the smallest of their suite series but also huge enough to house maximum of 4 occupants with its 1 Queen-size Bed + 1 Double Sofa Bed.
- The bathrobe and bedroom slippers are one of the best I have ever wore! Super fluffy, plushy and luxurious to wear!
ATTRACTIONS & ACTIVITIES
Esport Arena & Arcade for the games lovers, thrilling & fun virtual reality (VR) games for the family, Zodiac Theater that airs 3D blockbusters flicks and performances by Europe renowned illusionist Vincent Vignaud, your journey will be fun-packed with exciting program of events, performances and signature shows, leaving you rewarded, enriched and hugely entertained!
Remember to check out Zouk Night Club too for an alfresco experience with your favorite drink and admire the beautiful sunset or chillax your night away.
SPORTS AND RECREATIONS
Unleash our inner kid at this floating playground for all ages. The waterslide park, the main pool, over-sea zipline, ropes course, mini golf and rock climbing wall are just a taste of all the recreation on offer. Do all you want by climbing, sliding, swinging, swooshing!
Of course the list of fun didn’t stop here. Beauties stay great with wellness and spa-going is serious business at one of the largest one at sea. Check out Crystal Life Asian Spa & Crystal Life Spa to revel in sophisticated treatments and therapeutic remedies. With an array of Western and Asian spas feature and dedicated facilities, I will definitely check this out for my next visit!. For the little ones, bring them to Little Dreamers Club, that features activities to encourage a new inspiration and creativity! A vacation like this should open their minds to endless possibilities easily, and I really think they will have fun!
Need shopping therapy? Shop fancy at The Dream Boutiques, Souvenir Mart, and Art Gallery! These are some of the world’s top luxury brands and designer goods at the sea where you will find high-end curated selection of prestige watches, fine jewelry, superior leather goods and more. We will be getting all these tax and duty free, with authenticity assured. Dream Cruises even include a price match guarantee, so lovely!
Lastly, for those who love to play casino games, table games and jackpot machines, catch them throughout deck 6 and 7 of the cruise, and deck 16 for the Palace Suite’s guest. Have fun!
I love to indulge in the flavors of countless restaurant & bar concepts on board, including scenic alfresco dining option! No matter which cuisine we choose or what our taste leans towards, I believe World Dream will only serve the best, which is also what they are known for.
There is a series of inclusive restaurants (including a 24-hour snack bar) for all guests on board to enjoy at stipulated dining periods throughout the journey. There is also a list of specialty restaurants which focus on showcasing finer dining experiences, quality ingredients, personalized service, and tasteful selections to choose from. Guest can choose to dine at the specialty restaurants under their own expenses, which is a good option if you have been to the inclusive restaurants many times.
As mentioned, Palace Suite guests can dine at the specialty restaurants to enjoy the specialty sets and beverages at no additional charge. They can also choose to dine in at the exclusive Palace Restaurant and indulge in selected complimentary delicacies such as herbal soups, abalone, bird’s nest dishes & premium Chinese tea for the meals. I didn’t have my lunch and dinner at here but had wonderful buffet breakfast instead.
Every dish I had is highly delicious with awesome service and quality cocktails even at breakfast hour.
There is also exquisite high tea set at the Palace Restaurant at 3:30pm on Day 2, so please remember to check it out!
Too many restaurants but too little time to try all of them, so I picked a few specialty restaurants only and really hope to try the others in the future!
I went to Umi Uma for some live teppanyaki action and hot Japanese food, as well as Seafood Grill by Mark Best for the highly impressive seafood platter and cod fish set lunch. The soup, tiramisu & complimentary focaccia are so delicious too!!
If you enjoy Chinese food, other than having at the inclusive restaurant Dream Dining Room Upper, you can also check out Silk Road for a posh old world glamor alongside exquisite Chinese dishes prepared skilfully by the master chefs! There will even be performances on stage at certain timing, depending on the schedule.
A loving reminder to enjoy the inclusive premium beverage package fully whenever you are dining for any meal as this is such a super perk in my opinion! The drinks offered this package include juices, teas, coffees, wines, beers, hard liquors and even a long list of cocktails – having this premium beverage package is a lot more economical then buying your drinks ala carte even for the light drinkers! You can choose to buy the classic or premium beverage package if you are not a Palace Suite guest.
All in all, a short getaway on the cruise is fantastic! There are so much activities to do and explore, it only matters if you want to engage or not. Here are some tips and things to take note and know for your cruise trip, so that you can sail with a world of assurance! 👍🏻
- Have some food taken prior your boarding as you can only board the cruise after your swab test is done, which will be after 2pm or later. There is a shop that sells food and vacation accessories at the terminal but it is really packed with people. You can choose to take free shuttle service (take lift down to level 1) to Harbour Front center for a lunch before heading back to the terminal to board the cruise.
- The cruise has great line up of dining concepts, workshops, gaming, theatre shows, outdoors activities, which can be overwhelming. So as soon as you board the cruise, get the schedule from the reception & start booking for shows and activities.
- Book for the Palace Suite if you can afford to pay a little more as it gives you earliest check in through express lane, great perks, comfortability and enjoyment for a true luxury cruisecation. Your personal butler will also be ready to book and plan the activities according to your preference since most of the popular shows and activities sell out fast or have long queue if you walk in. Cruise to nowhere is not boring after all where you relaxes your way for maximum heaps of fun on board!
- Get a beverage package! The classic package gives you juices, coffees, teas at most outlets, and enjoy all of these alongside wines, beers, cocktails and hard liquors if you sign up for the premium beverage package. These packages will save you a lot than getting the drinks ala carte.
- Wear something comfortable, especially for your footwear because going round the cruise for your activities involves lots of walking. I clocked over 10,000 steps on Day 2 for the trip!
- 100% fresh air ventilation with external fresh air double filtered and supplied to everyone of us – throughout the cruise, in cabins and public areas. No re-circulation of air between cabins or within the ship.
- ART, Safe Entry , and other preventive measures covering embarkation and throughout the journey for a safer experience.
- Food hygiene enhanced at all food outlets from the hostess to the service staffs – everyone is wearing face masks and disposable gloves.
- Cruise-as-you-wish policy allows flexibility to cancel the trip up to 48 hours before sailing. We will receive 100% refund as future cruise credit.
- Cruise bookings are available certain people only due to the travel bubble restriction. Only Singapore residents, including citizens, permanent residents, long term pass holders (student pass, dependent pass, long term visit pass and employment pass holders) can book for the cruise currently.
- Dream cruise is on a cashless system as part of the safety measures for Covid 19 so you do not have to bring much cash. Your given room card will be used to record all your expenses onboard and clear them for payment only when you checkout.
- Bring an international adapter. Only 2-pin power sockets are available in public areas onboard the ship while the cabins have 3-pin power sockets.
- Most of the stuffs mentioned in your booking are covered and only additional expenses will be borne by us. e.g. – virtual reality and arcade games, casino games, hair and beauty services, shopping , & some fitness classes.
- No ATM onboard, so if you wanna do gaming at the Casino and does not have enough cash, get your chips using credit card, subjecting to 2% handling fee for each transaction.
- We should always enjoy ourselves during the trip, but be mindful of the situation. Always carry the MICE Pod, wear face mask in public areas except during dining or doing sports activities, practice social distancing for onboard activities, as well as washing the hands and using hand sanitiser before entering the outlets.
With so many reasons to book a seacation / cruisecation with World Dream Cruise, I did and I’m impressed – so will you! Now it is your turn to quench your thirst for this wanderlust!
DREAM CRUISE LINE
Website: https://www.dreamcruiseline.com/ Booking Hotlines: Mainland China:+86-4008499848 Hong Kong, China+852-2317-7711 Singapore+65-6808-2288 Malaysia+603-2302-1288 Philippines+63-2-8836-6080 Email: Bookings, Reservations or Pre-Cruise related Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org Feedback, Complaints or Post Cruise Concerns: email@example.com